Are you interested in an “Electronic Cigarette” or “MOD?” The first question you need to ask yourself is: Are you addicted to smoking, are you addicted to nicotine, or both? If you’re addicted to smoking, then a good sub ohm tank is what you need. If you’re addicted to nicotine, you are going to be looking for a simple e-cigarette. And if you are addicted to both, there are some options somewhere in the middle for you. And, if you just want to vape for the pure fun of it then there is something for you too!!
Here’s a quick overview of what a MOD, Tank, and Coil Atomizer are:
- A MOD is used to power your tank.
- Sometimes these mods have built in batteries which are good for people who are looking for a simple, “not too much; just the right amount of smoke and flavor”, like the CoolFire IV.
- The mods that have external special batteries that need to be taken out to recharge are for people who are looking for those awesome, huge, thick clouds, and amazing flavor. A great option for that would be something like the Sigelei 200Watt MOD.
- Tanks are a long story.. They are simple, but there are a LOT of them and each one comes with its own pros & cons.
- They are essentially mouth pieces connected to a pyrex (or poly) tank that is connected to an atomizer or “coil” if you will.
- If you are looking for a good throat hit with thick clouds and great flavor i'd recommend tanks like the Aspire and the Kangertech Tanks.
- If you are looking for a smooth somewhat thick clouds and good flavor i'd recommend something like the Aspire Nautilus.
- An “Atomizer” or “Coil” can refer to a lot of different things.
- Basically, the atomizer consists of a metal coil wrapped around a wick of some kind.
- Most tanks come with a replaceable atomizer, which is SUPER easy to change out.
When it comes to what you need to put inside your tank, that is called “E-Juice” or “E-Liquid”. The best way to explain E-Juice is that it's the substance that is put into your tank to replace smoking your legal dry herbs.
- It is made up of PG (Propylene Glycol) and VG (Vegetable Glycerin).
- The ratio of vg and pg varies depending on your needs.
- If you’re trying to get off of nicotine, I'd recommend a 50/50 blend and not to go higher than 50% in your VG.
- Now the lower the VG is, the less thick your juice will be which is good for people who are trying to quit nicotine. The higher you go in VG, the more thick the juice and that's for people who are trying to get those really big clouds and throat hits to quit cigarettes for the addiction of smoking.
- There are a lot of different mg of nicotine ranging from 0 to 64. That will all be determined by how much you used to smoke.
Now back to the original question!
- If your answer was to quit smoking because your are addicted to the calming feel of smoking, then you need a mod and tank that gives you the same sensation as smoking a cigarette, which would be that throat hit.
- I would recommend you look into a more powerful mod and tank, or RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) and RBA (ReBuildable Atomizer). This will give you a lot of smoke and flavor which will quench your thirst for a good throat hit of a cigarette, without the gross taste of one at the same time. So for you guys i'd recommend something like Kangertech and Aspire tanks, and Sigelei and CoolFire mods.
- For those of you who are just addicted to nicotine, I'd recommend something a little lighter and less powerful that will give you your fix of nicotine. This will include the Flow tanks and CE4’s.
- These mods take a lot more of the 50/50 blend of PG and VG but you always wanna stay 50% or under in VG if you want to use those tanks.
- Instead of using watts these tanks use volts. And they don't go higher than 4.8.
- For those of you who are addicted to cigarettes for both nicotine and smoking I’d recommend tanks like the Aspire Cleto and Kangatek Nanos, and mods like the CoolFire and Sigelei.
- They give off either a lot of smoke and a lot of flavor or if you want more nicotine it can be made to give off less smoke while still keeping the flavor.
I wouldn't recommend you getting into the RDA’s & RBA’s until you do your research and are a lot more experienced in vaping but that's if you want these massive clouds and amazing flavor. It gives you the freedom of building your own coils so u can chose how much power, clouds, and flavor you can get.
Stop by any Climax location today for an even more detailed run-down of all of our products specifically and their benefits!
- Fred, DT Climax Expert